Amish Toy Boxes Dovetail Hardwood
DOVETAILED Hardwood Amish Toy Boxes
VISIT ALL THREE Amish TOY BOX DEPTS: Click on the links below.
May be rushed for special occasions - Call for details!
WE CAN ENGRAVE ANY VERSE OR ANY SAYING ANYWHERE
YOU WISH ON A TOY BOX!
It is taking this wonderful Amish builder up to 10 -12 weeks to keep up with the order volume that is Buy American!
It is a family shop with dad, oldest son and daughter doing the the production with a little bit of outside help - Homes County is at full employment with 3.5% and it takes years to train new woodworkers.
My wife and son and I began 25 years ago having Amish furniture custom built for our electronic school teaching stations, hence the name Educational Electronics Inc.
Our son Bill led the effort for us to transition to the Internet and sell Amish furniture, 15 years ago.
It took a few years to find a shop that could build toy boxes to our standards using screw construction with each panel made and finished by hand.
Other suppliers cut up panels in quantity and then hope to glue them together in a usable form.
So our prices are a bit higher for the premium built by hand one-at-a-time construction:)
Thanks so much for the order. We will keep you posted when the possible engraving happens and when the toy chest goes to the finisher.
And you will receive a FedEx tracer for the insured chest when it ships.
Thanks again for the order.
Ed and Kathy Bedford - Married 54 years!
|"Sometimes it is difficult to make that leap of faith needed to purchase an expensive product online.
In the case of our purchase through your company, we have no regrets.
We are so pleased with the toy chest purchased for E. last Christmas. What a quality piece of furniture.
Her parents were totally satisfied and E. absolutely loves it. We are surprised at how readily she took to putting everything away in the box.
We are especially happy with the hinges which have kept her little fingers totally safe. The finish is perfect and the gift inscription
on the inside will make this a cherished piece of forever furniture.
E. immediately recognized her name and loves to trace it with her finger. Thanks also for all the time and care you took in helping us select
the finish and in getting it to us on time for Christmas morning. Truly personized service. It arrived in perfect condition."
"The toy box is absolutely breathtaking! Thank You! We will probably be ordering one more in the near future for our daughter's house. She was here when we opened it and fell in love with its pure beauty. Something that both our daughter and grand daughter will cherish for years to come."
>> "Chandler's wood toy chest arrived today. The craftsmanship is amazing. The grain of the wood, dovetail joinery, & staining are beautiful. Truly, this piece will be cherished for generations. Thank you." <<
"The toy box is beautiful. The parents were thrilled with it. The name looked awesome. It met and exceeded our expectations. You did great service once again.
>>The Cherry Toy Boxes arrived today and they are beautiful.
Expensive but well worth it. Thank the Carpenter/Furniture Maker.
I have to say that in the last year I threw out a bed and a crib that came from screw together kits. They were a waste of wood. I have also thrown out several plastic toy boxes that broke as soon as my boys stood on them. The quality of these chests shines, and they are now the best pieces of furniture in our house. They are a lesson, to my 3 and 9 year old sons, on quality and craftsmanship.
Excellent, work (which honors the wood).<<
I also wanted to thank you for the absolutely magnificent toy boxes, they are simply beautiful, there are no other words to describe them… ! Well worth the wait! My children absolutely love them. They are pieces of furniture that my grandchildren will have and cherish forever….. My children are only letting the babies put their stuffed toys in them, because they don’t want them to ruin them by scratching them with the hard plastic and metal toys. The personalization of their names on the front and inscription inside the lid are truly works of art. I hope you remember just who made these, as I will be ordering another exactly like the other two, sometime in late January or early February.
Both yourself and Kathy have been a pleasure to work with. Shipping was flawless, the toy boxes arrived directly to my doorstep and in perfect condition... Who could ask for more! I have recommended you to many friends, family members and even people that I have just spoken with in the stores......., they could never be disappointed with the quality of your furniture or the customer service that your family has provided me with.
Our son Bill Bedford lived with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy from Feb 19, 1970 when he was born to October 19, 2013 when he went Home to be with the Lord. We miss him terribly. We will continue to operate this web site just as he designed it and wanted it to be run. God Bless us All! Ed and Kathy Bedford
Weather and other delays often occur in the Amish and our community, thus we are completely unable to GUARANTEE any delivery
We and they will do our best, but we are not liable in any way for delays, regardless of the cause!
- Because hardwood is a natural product, created by nature and then finished by skilled Amish craftsmen, you can expect the usual variations in wood color, stain color, some degree of cherry pits, even in so-called clear cherry
(Filled for regular cherry, normally open for Rustic Cherry).
Knots MAY vary from minor to major for the Rustic versions of the hardwoods, QSWO, OAK, CHERRY and HICKORY.
Our QUOTED sizes are nominal and should be correct, but we CAN also make errors.
If a given dimension is critical, please call to let us know that and to confirm the dimensions.
Differences of an inch or so are not errors, but just the result of the hand made process as practiced by the Amish builders.
- (CLEAR) CHERRY WILL ALWAYS HAVE DARK VISIBLE STREAKS,
IT IS THE TRUE NATURE OF THE CHERRY HARDWOOD in the U.S.A.
- Hardwoods may contain mineral deposits, pits, gum streaks, small pin holes, knots, color differences, unusual grain patterns, darker heart wood, lighter sap wood, etc.
- However, it is these attributes that comprise the beauty of hardwood furniture.
- No two items are exact duplicates, and therefore
- Educational Electronics Inc. makes no representation or guarantee that Customer's furniture will appear exactly as another.
- FINISHES VARY IN HOW THEY ARE APPLIED, HOW LONG THEY ARE IN VARIOUS HUMIDITIES AND THE UNDER-LYING WOOD GRAIN, WHICH VARIES NATURALLY OVER A WIDE RANGE!
- Wood Furniture Care
- Properly caring for your furniture ensures it lasts for many many years. This is especially true when
- Caring For Your Furniture | Properly caring for your furniture is simple, so long as you follow some simple rules.
- Always use a cloth that has wood polish when you dust. Dry dusting can scratch your wood, but the polish reduces the scratching. If you don’t dust, the dust will scratch the wood.
- Do not use soap and water to clean the furniture. Water ruins the finish and can damage the wood.
- The cloth you use to dust should be clean and soft. Harsh or scratchy materials could scratch the wood.
- Things to Avoid | These general issues are the main culprits of furniture damage. Avoiding them can do wonders to protect your furniture.
- Heat creates spots on wood finish. Always put something under hot dishes, utensils, or anything else which gets hot. This will protect the finish.
- Fast changes in temperature can damage wood. This could be blasts of hot or cold air from a central heating and cooling unit. Avoid placing your wood furniture near these vents.
- UV rays from the sun can destroy wood finish. Avoid direct sunlight when possible. Move furniture or close drapes, if necessary.
- Liquid can ruin wood finish. Clean spills immediately and always use coasters. When cleaning a spill, never rub it - gently blot it, instead.
- Proper Dusting Techniques
- Do not dry dust. Use wood polish to avoid scratching, and change the cloth frequently.
- Do not overspray the surface. Spray the surface evenly. Wipe clean with a circular motion.
- To create a perfect shine and strengthen the finish, buff the surface until it is dry. For wood trim, apply polish directly to the cloth, not to the surface.
- Always use the same type of wood polish or your furniture will become cloudy and streaky. If you use oil-based polish, maintain oil-based polish; if you use wax-based polish, maintain wax-based polish.
- AVOID SILICONE BASED POLISHES, PLEASE.
- AVOID HUMIDITY ABOVE AND BELOW 35 TO 45% TO AVOID EXCESS CONTRACTION OR EXPANSION OF WOOD FURNITURE, OR EVEN CRACKS!